Official Website for Page County, Iowa


Contact Information

 James D. King

Zoning Administrator


Page County Secondary Roads 123 West Washington Street

Clarinda, Iowa 51632


Monday - Friday

7:00 am - 3:30 pm


(712) 542-2510  


(712) 542-2766

Duties of the County Zoning Department

Zoning Administrator: James D. King

Services include:


 We provide and review application forms for land use permits, and issue permits for projects which conform to the laws.

 We receive complaints of noncompliance with zoning and nuisance laws and take enforcement actions.

 In addition, we provide staff assistance to both the Zoning Commission and the Zoning Board

of Adjustment. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.


The Page County Zoning and Subdivision Ordinance requires building permits prior to any new construction within the county.  


Permits are required for homes, equipment and livestock buildings, grain bins, swimming pools, etc. Should an activity be agricultural in nature it may be exempt from fees, but buildings and other improvements are still subject to setbacks and other criteria. A permit is required in any case.


Non-compliance of this requirement could involve the county attorney and possible shut down

of construction or removal of improvements. If you have questions, contact the Page County Zoning Administrator.

Stage is in feet above mean sea level

Stage is in gauge feet

Stage is in feet above mean sea level